Wednesday, August 02, 2006

sick of being sick

Man, I don't know about this. I had three good days this weekend and today I've puked twice in two hours. I'm very tired of this already. A girl at church who's also pregnant says she got better after about 12 weeks. Goodie. Four more weeks to go.

Of course, then I hear stories of women who are sick through their entire pregnancy. That would be very discouraging.

On a completely unrelated note, I got to speak at Volleyball Camp here at Providence last night. It was a lot of fun to get in front of a bunch of youth again. I'm really gonna miss my youth group in the fall. I know I'll still get my 'fix' with the class I'm teaching, but there's definitely something about the 'hyper-puppy' energy of teenagers that I just love.

Also, thanks to everyone who's posted a comment on this blog. Your encouragement really helps me get over some of my silly mental blocks about being a parent and whatnot. I'm glad everyone thinks Verge and I will make good parents. I know he'll be an awesome dad, but I still question my own ability to be a mom more often than I probably should. I like to joke that I'm already saving for my kid's counselling. With any luck the money can go towards their counselling degree instead of actual therapy. :) Honestly, though, don't take me too seriously. I have a bad case of the 'dramatics' - just ask my husband!

Okay, I shall away to try to do more work and not puke anymore today. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Ugh...I wish you weren't sick...that's no fun.

You?? Dramatic?? You don't say...I've never seen this at all. *wink*

Feel free to be dramatic...just believe us when we tell you that you'll be a great mom! :)