so, I was at Costco today with my dad and my brother. Just for the heck of it, my brother and I decided to go to the baby diapers aisle and see the myriad of choices available for baby bottoms. After much giggling between my brother and I, we decided to focus on the task at hand.
Okay...which ones will we need first? Newborns, 0 - 7 months, up to 30 lbs...what to do!!! We couldn't really figure it out, so we decided to ask someone who'd know, our dad. He promptly replied, "You guys wore cloth diapers...I don't know"
I didn't even know how many diapers a baby is going to go through per day. This is Costco, so they've got boxes of 228 diapers. That's a lot isn't it? Shouldn't it last us a year? At least till the kid can write? Apparently, my father thinks that all our baby is going to do is pee and poop in between sleeping and eating. So he estimates 10 - 12 diapers a day! A DAY! How can a helpless little thing consume so much?
If my math is correct, and I know it's better than Krista's, we'll need to go to Costco once a month for diapers because a whole box will only last us 22.8 days (we'll shoot for 10 changes a day).
That's a lot of poop and/or pee.....
2 comments:
Ummm Vergil...a box of 228 diapers would definately not last a year because there are 365 days in a year!! That would be gross because you'd be overlapping days!! ewww!
You have a point, Chelsea...but little did you know that there will be times the baby will be buck naked! No need for diapers!
Plastic bags around his bum are starting to sound good...
Post a Comment