Tuesday, August 08, 2006

another picture

I still don't like pictures of me. :( Oh well, what am I gonna do? I suppose I could not post these pictures, but... yeah. I promised I would, so I will. I don't know if I look much different from the last picture, but I still think it'll be cool to see all the pics side by side in the end to watch the transformation.

Hmm, update... I had four good days last week. Yesterday broke my streak and I had a hard time keeping anything down. I finally managed to eat something around 8:30 pm.

Smells are starting to become much more...noticable? I guess that's the right term. Not that they bother me more necessarily, I am just more aware of my sense of smell these days. Strangely, I find the kitchen the hardest place in my apartment to be in. Well, maybe that's not strange. There's a lot of smells in the kitchen. The garbage, the fridge, the dishwasher... Yeah, it's not good. This morning before my first prenatal visit I decided to be really ambitious. I cleaned the dishes and took out the trash. I should've stopped with the dishes. The trash did me in. Fortunately, I hadn't had breakfast yet, so I was still able to eat that after the fact.

My prenatal visit went well. I had already had my bloodwork done, so all that was left was an overview of my and Vergil's family medical histories, a quick physical and that was about it. I didn't have really any questions this time around. I was still feeling kinda bleh from my 'episode' earlier, so I don't know how much I 'engaged' in the appointment. Next time I'm there we'll be able to hear the baby's heartbeat. How cool is that? I'm excited for that appointment. So yeah, stay tuned and check back after September 11 for that fun story.

I finally told my boss at work that I was pregnant. He was disappointed because he doesn't want to lose me. I fully plan on going back to work (don't ask me in what capacity yet, I haven't decided), but still, that's a whole year he has to fill. I have an idea of someone I would like to take my position for that time, but I still have to find out how interested he might be. I think my boss was at least relieved that I had thought about someone to replace me. The thing that sucks is that this time of year is always a little stressful in our department. We just hired a new graphic designer, but he doesn't start until August 21. So my boss will have to train him quick so they can keep up with the fall demand on the publications department. Then throw in having to think about me being away... Anyway, it'll all work out in the end, I'm sure.

Um, what else can I say? I don't know. I'm about done for today. I'm going to finish my supper now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you found a replacement yet? I'm looking for a job... ;)