Thursday, August 17, 2006

ooo, look!

Look, I found a countdown thing-y for our blog! How fun is that? Now everyone will know how far along I am at any point in time. That's very cool. Many thanks to my friend and co-worker, Sara, for finding that for me.

On a very, very, very happy and exciting note, my best friend Janine just had her baby! I am so excited!!! Maddison Rose Lozie was born yesterday, Wednesday, August 16 (a week overdue) at 9:36pm by C-section at St. Boniface Hospital after 30 hours of labour. She has a full head of brown hair and weighed in at 10lbs, 14oz! Now that's a big baby! Both mom and baby are doing great. Vergil and I are going to go see them tomorrow before we go to the cabin. Maddison is my first unofficial neice and I can't wait to meet her!

Janine called me at 11:30 last night, just as Vergil and I were falling asleep. I knew right away it was her because I've been waiting for this call for a week! Anyway, despite having just been through surgery, Janine sounded great - though she did make the comment that she was going to need a whole lot of painkillers in the near future. So yeah... needless to say I had a hard time falling asleep again after that. :)

Vergil asked me if it made me excited to have our baby. I wasn't sure. I don't know how keen I am on 30 hours of labour and an almost 11lbs baby! I'm pretty sure ours won't get to that size, but still... I was mostly super excited last night because Maddison has been 5 years in coming. Janine and Dave had such a hard time even concieving in the first place that Madison is really just a miracle baby in my opinion. I'm so happy for them. Now their family is complete!

Did I mention that I can't wait to see her? :D

1 comment:

Calgary Lawn Solutions said...

Thats a huge baby! That time line thingy is pretty cool Kris.