Yes, weirdness does abound, and not just because I'm a weird person or because I physically feel extraordinarily weird. It's not even because my dreams have become increasingly vivid and strange (i.e. why wouldn't Vergil get on the bus with me? I had a bus ticket for him and everything.).
The weirdness comes in thinking about how dramatically my and Vergil's life is going to change. I am going to be off of work for a whole year. I have never not worked for that long since Grade 9 or 10. That's... oh lordy, that's 12 years ago. I know I'll still be 'working' but let's not split hairs here because that's not my point. For the first time in many years, I will not be going to a job or to school. Weird.
Sometimes if I think too hard, I wonder why I would want to inflict this kind of change on me and Vergil. I like our life. I like being able to go for a walk on a whim or go out for supper or hang out with friends without having to think too hard about it. Why would I want to change that?
But then I also think, I'm just about ready for a change. I have been doing this particular job at Prov for a year already. One more year and I'll be so anxious for something different I won't know what to do with myself. I remember telling my dad once that I did not anticipate being in a job for more than two years at a time. So far, that's held true. Prov is the one organization that's been able to keep me for more than two years, but I'll tell you this much - if I hadn't switched jobs last year, I might not have stayed.
So yeah. Weird. It's all just new and different and I don't know at all what to expect. It's one thing to be a kid, quite another to have one. I hope my and Vergil's parents don't mind if we completely plagarize their parenting styles!
No comments:
Post a Comment