Well, I had my first official doctor’s visit yesterday. They confirmed my pregnancy, which was kinda nice in the sense that now I know I’m not just imagining things. I guess I needed that confirmation. Also, I was able to ask my doctor all of my ‘burning’ questions, which really took a lot off my mind. I know the things I should and shouldn’t do and I can better plan for things like my sister’s wedding. I need to get my blood work done, but apparently I’m supposed to have a high-carb meal and come in exactly two hours after my last bite. Weird. I need to figure out when I can do that. I’d like to get it done before my next appointment in August and possibly before we leave for Edmonton.
My doctor figures I’m about 4 weeks already, which seems about two weeks further along than I figured I was. Oh well, she gave me the same due date as I had figured out, so that’s good. My sister ought to be pleased with that – the baby’s due the day after her birthday!
I now need to find out more about mid-wives and if I am able to do a water birth here in Winnipeg or not. I’m hoping mid-wives are covered by Manitoba health. If they are, I think I’d almost prefer to go with one of them just because they spend a little more time with you and I think they even do some follow up after the baby is born. Also, re: the water birth, I just can’t help but think I’d be way more comfortable and less self-conscious. I know that’s weird and kind of vain and I probably won’t care by the time I’m supposed to deliver, but yeah. I’m all about being as comfortable as I can possibly make myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment