So I’m going to put this journal on-line today for the friends and family who we’ve told so far. I’d still like to wait till late August/early September to tell people at work, but it looks like I might not be able to avoid telling my baseball team this week… I’ve run out of excuses as to why I can’t be there anymore!
Our vacation went really well. My family’s reaction was awesome, as I expected it to be. Vergil almost lost it because I wouldn’t let him say anything until the Sunday evening when everyone was there for supper. It worked out for the best in my opinion, though. Then everyone found out at the same time and no one was left out.
My mom went a little crazy and bought me a whack-load of maternity clothes, which was awesome. She and Breanne and Vergil were very gushy and excited while I tried on the clothes. I'm not used to being fussed over so much. That's the one thing that will definitely take some getting used to - being fussed over. Very odd.
Anyway, I'm glad everyone is excited about the baby. I cried a little when we left Edmonton because this is really one of the times in my life when I really want my family to be a lot closer than they are. Alas and alack, that is not the way the chips have fallen, as it were. I know I'll see them a lot, but it's not the same as being able to just pop over whenever I want.
Unfortunately, the ‘morning’ (aka afternoon/evening/night) sickness has finally taken hold of me in earnest. I’m not puking every day, but at least every other day. I had an incident at IKEA, one at my parents, one on the way back to Winnipeg and I just puked here at work. I don’t know how well my plan to keep this a secret is going to go if I’m hurling every other day. The dumb thing is that it hits me completely randomly. One day it was a ham and cheese sandwich, one day it was flossing my teeth, then driving, and today…well today it just hit me all by itself, two hours after I’ve eaten and an hour after I’d got out of the car from driving to work. *Sigh* I don’t know what to do with myself. At least this morning it was only orange juice and cereal. Still. Gross.
What else can I say? I don’t know. I can’t think. Puking kinda takes a bit out of me… more than just food anyway. I really should do some work, since it’s all piled up for a week now. Joy and bliss. Stay tuned for more ramblings and hopefully the first picture of my not-yet-showing belly.
2 comments:
Oh this is going rather well isn't it? I'll bet it'll sink in soon enough. I know exactly what you mean about change I'm a bit slow on the uptake with change. I barrel ahead with my original plan and then all of a sudden it hits me...maybe the change is good.
I'm sure there will be a time where you feel this. I'm no expert on being pregnant as I haven't been myself BUT I do know from others that most women don't really know what to feel in the first three months. It's just a bunch of hormonal things but you don't 'feel' pregnant. I'm sure that will change in time.
I'm still so very excited for this! I hope you are able to keep this journal going.
How is today?? Any runs down the Fine Arts wing?? ;)
I'm getting more and more excited, I think. As awkward as I feel like the timing of this kid might be, if I think about it in earnest, the timing is pretty dang good, all things considered. It does feel more and more a 'God' thing, which is comforting to me.
Today has been good. No mad rushes to the washroom, but hey, it's only 2:00pm! Lots can happen yet!
I'm looking foward to the calming down of the raging hormones (especially re: the nausea thing). From what I've read and the people I've talked to, the 2nd trimester is without question when you feel the best (and, I might add, the exact time when I'll be teaching my course - see what I mean about good timing? It would be horrible to feel this gross when I have to teach!) so I'm looking forward to that.
Post a Comment