So I fear I may have spoken too soon re: the no nausea thing. The last couple of days I haven’t felt nauseated so much as like I could barf if I really wanted to. My gag reflex was really sensitive and yesterday especially I was finding it hard to even eat. Brushing my teeth has become something I don’t look forward to at all. And this morning, it happened. I puked. There was nothing in my stomach at the time, so it was more like dry-heaving, but there you have it. My first bout of morning sickness. I actually felt a little pleased. An actual, recognizable symptom! I know, it’s kind of silly for me to be excited about that, but I have this desperate need to feel normal during this experience. I want to feel the way most women feel while they’re pregnant.
So yeah, I’m doing what people have told me to do when you get this way – eating soda crackers. Apparently they help absorb the excess acid in your stomach. I’m really hoping that it doesn’t get any worse than this, because I have a 14 hour road trip ahead of me tomorrow!
Okay, I just ate a bunch of crackers and I have to say, they really do help. I don’t feel completely better yet, but better than before. I just hope this feeling doesn’t last all day because… yeah. Gross.
Anyway, I do actually have a little work to do today, so that should keep me nice and distracted from any feelings of grossness. Only two days left before I get to tell my family! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment