Kai is sleeping AMAZINGLY this week - he sleeps now usually from about 10pm to 4am, pounds back an early-morning snack in about 10 minutes, is back asleep 10 minutes after that and then sleeps straight through till 8am. Absolutely brilliant. I'm very much a fan of this new routine and am hoping that it continues. At least until the next growth spurt, I guess!
Speaking of which, I realize I never gave his new 'stats' that we got from the doctor last week - Kai is now 12.5lbs, about 24.5" in length and his head circumference is now 16" around. Just to put that in perspective, one week after his birth, he weighed 6lbs, 13.5oz, was 19" long and had a head circumference of 14". That's a heck of a lot of growth in 11 weeks. Could you imagine growing that fast all the time? Jeepers, it's no wonder babies need to sleep and eat so much!
On a totally separate note, I visited Prov yesterday with Kai to say hi to some of my former coworkers. It was nice to catch up with people, but so many things are changing over there! They're finally building a new cafeteria/multi-purpose building and many of my coworkers are moving on to new opportunities. I may not know 90% of the people working there next year! Weird.
Anyway, that's about all that's new with us this week. Depending on how much pain Vergil causes himself after his first round of golf for the year, we might go for a walk this afternoon sometime. I'm very glad the weather is finally warm enough to get outside more often. This is the perfect time of year, as far as I'm concerned. Warm enough to be outside with a light jacket and NO BUGS!! Mosquito season is definitely not something I look forward to.
Here's a fun picture of my boy in an old-school outfit my Oma knit for him. I gotta say, I think he looks pretty dang cute, but I have this funny feeling this picture will embarrass him thoroughly when he's older. Can you say wedding powerpoint fodder? :P
4 comments:
lol that is so adorable!
AHAHAHA oh how I love it...he looks so cute in that outfit and has the best expression on his face...such a cute kid! :)
would you please bring him to church in that? please?
i still want to see him in this. can i take you out for coffee? i will pay if you bring him dressed in this outfit. just don't tell vergil.
Post a Comment