I'm listening to my baby snoring his little face off through the baby monitor as I write this. I know a lot of new moms who always need to check to see if their baby is breathing. Not me. My kid is one of the loudest sleepers I've ever met. When he's not snoring or just breathing heavily, he's laughing or making other noises. Funny kid. I wonder if he's gonna be a sleep-talker when he gets older.
This week my youngest sister, Breanne, was in town. Partly to visit her boyfriend, who's attending the U of M in pursuit of his Masters in Architecture, partly to see her nephew and partly to get things in motion for when she moves her in a couple weeks (i.e. finding jobs (summer and hopefully a teaching job for the fall) and finding an apartment). I'm pretty excited to finally have one of my sisters living in the same city as me after 10 years of not having them around. I can't believe it's been 10 years since my family moved to Edmonton. It's one of those things that seems like just yesterday and yet so long ago all at the same time. I miss them lots, especially now that Kai is here. I wish I could just pop over to my mom's on weekends and hang out with my pregnant sister, Sheri, or get Brenna and Breanne to babysit every once in a while. So I'm glad Breanne's moving out here for a little while, at least.
Anyway, that's about all that's new with me. I'm gonna have to turn this monitor down if I'm gonna get any sleep tonight. It's like a little baby chainsaw is going off in there!
Here's a picture of Kai in his racing gear. If his Grandad has his way, he'll be the next Jeff Gordon, I guess. :)
3 comments:
I'll have to get him some golf gear, cause if I think he's gonna be the next Tiger Woods...
Thats sweet he knows who to root for when hes watching nascar.
Hey Krista, if your sister's looking for a place to live... my apartment will be available in May...
: )
Post a Comment