Monday, April 21, 2008

poor baby

Kai got his shots today. We opted for the new Meningitis shot in addition to the standard Polio, Diptheria, Mumps, Rubella, etc. shots, so there were three in total. He did really well and has slept most of the day. Until right about now. He's not a happy camper. I think both his legs must ache. Poor kid. We've given him some Tempra, but it hasn't kicked in yet. Since he's been born, he's never been inconsolable quite like this before, so it's a new thing for us. Little trooper. Vergil's doing what he can to comfort him. I'm so grateful Vergil's such a great dad. Unfortunately, he's going to Calgary for the day tomorrow, so if Kai's still not feeling well, I might have to bow out of a few appointments I'm supposed to have.

Oh well. It could be waaayyy worse. My friend Kayla and her boy Elliot aren't doing very well again. As much as I appreciate and generally trust doctors, I really think that a mom knows her own kid and that they should maybe pay a little more attention to her instincts and observations. Anyway, keep praying for/thinking about her and Elliot. I think they could use all the encouragement they can get at this point.

And don't forget about Baby Jack while you're at it. Things are going well for them right now, but they have a month to go before the little guy is born and lots of uncertainty as to what's going to have to happen after that. It always baffles me how even though bearing children should be the most natural thing in the whole world how many things can go wrong.

While you're sending good vibes to Elliot and Jack, enjoy Kai pretending to be a Mexican:

5 comments:

Heather Plett said...

Oh man - I LOVE the poncho! Cool dude!

Alisha said...

He's so cute! It's so sad when they are in pain... Gavin wasn't the same for about 3 days after his needles.

ccap said...

That poncho (and Kai) are wicked cute!

Kayler said...

Okay, where do you get all these wicked baby clothes?! All Elliott ever wears are sleepers from Sears.
Boring....

Linda said...

A Fillipino/Dutch baby trying to look Mexican. Interesting!