Thursday, January 10, 2008

i think i can, i think i can

Okay, so 5 weeks, or 33 days left to go, give or take a week or two. Here's my list of 7 complaints and 6 happies:

1. My tailbone is aching from sitting all the time on crappy office chairs.

2. My legs feel like I've been climbing stairs four hours a day.

3. I'm tired all the time.

4. I can't breathe.

5. Baby may or may not be head-down, but he sure does like to get a reaction out of me by punching, pinching and kicking all the time.

6. Vergil finally got sick (I've been waiting for him to get sick since the end of November - he's been running on sheer adrenaline since then) and I'm worried I might get sick too.

7. I've been feeling kind of nauseous again. Not puking, just icky.

8. I get to meet this kid soon!

9. Only 15 days of work left!

10. I still sleep pretty well.

11. I get to go for fetal assessments soon.

12. I get to be a for real mom!

13. Vergil's dad is recovering really, really well.

There. That's a pretty decent, almost balanced list. I'm just about ready to want my body back, but the light at the end of this tunnel is getting a whole lot closer.

Now if you'll excuse me, banana is trampolining my bladder...

4 comments:

ccap said...

I hear you on the body part of things. I remember thinking that I wished I could take the belly off for a night. I'd willingly put it back on in the morning but I just needed a break from it. Crossing my fingers that banana is early (a little bit) or right on time.

-Me- said...

I hope for your sake that baby arrives early or on time also...being overdue is no picnic...I was 2 weeks early with the first, which was pure bliss, and almost 2 weeks overdue with the second...and 5 days of torment leading up to the d-day with Noah also...it just wasn't fun...anyhow, glad to hear that your doing well, the belly is looking mighty cute!!!

-Me- said...

I thought maybe after I wrote the last comment it may have been a bit scary sounding, so I included a post that I wrote about Noah's birth...sorry, hopefully my comments didn't make labor sound too horrifying...the end result is wonderful! :-) http://noahandtaytay.blogspot.com/2007/04/heres-scoop.html

ccap said...

Hey, where are you delivering? You may have mentioned it at one time but I've forgotten.