Speaking of being put out, I was a little miffed at baby banana yesterday. We had a doctor's appointment, and when she went to check his heartbeat, it seemed to take a good while to find it. I was not impressed. As a matter of fact, I was a little panicky about it. I kept watching my doctor's face to see what her reaction was. I couldn't stop myself from thinking - this is it. I'm not supposed to have this baby after all. After all of this, I'm still going to miscarry. Fortunately, this wasn't the case, and she did eventually find the heartbeat. Turns out baby had turned around and she had the monitor directly on his head. Now, I never took biology in high school, but I'm pretty sure there's no way you can hear a heartbeat through a skull.
It took me most of the rest of the morning to get over that feeling of panic, though, especially because baby was pretty quiet that morning. I told Vergil I felt like he owed me a good solid kick for making me worry like that, but I got nothing. Until I tried to sleep that night, of course. Then it was all jumping on the bed and rolling around like the little monkey I know him for.
I think that's only the second or third time since we first heard his heartbeat that I panicked like that. I know I'm in for a lifetime of worrying about this kid and I know I've already entrusted his life to God, but I just don't think I'm strong enough to let him go that completely if that's really what's going to be asked of me again. At this point, I'd really just like a chance to try my hand at this parenting thing.
Anyway, today he's bopping around like crazy, so that's good, as uncomfortable as it's making me feel. I'm trying to will him back into a head-down position so I don't have to deal with a breech baby, but we'll see how that goes. He was causing me some serious pelvic pain this morning, so I'm hoping that means he's gone ahead and turned over again already.
What else? Oh yes, we got our crib! My parents generously gave us some money to purchase a crib and mattress, so that's what we did during the day on New Year's Eve. Vergil and our friend Eugene set it up that night and I'm really quite happy with it. Here are some pictures:
Other than that, I have to admit I'm looking forward to being done work. I have three projects to finish that I've been dragging my heels on, but apart from that, I think I'm ready to pass on the torch to Eric.
Oh, and if you have a moment, slip on over to Alisha's blog and give her baby some encouragement to get himself outta there!
P.S. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a very happy New Year!
4 comments:
Thanks Krista, this baby need all the encouragement he can get. I am so tired of waiting. I hope for your sake that yours is on time!!!
love the crib.
Lovely crib.
Gorgeous crib...I have to pick one out because my mom really wants to get on buying one for us...I'm pumped! :)
Post a Comment