Tuesday, October 31, 2006

hibernation

Many of the blogs I read this morning were about the snow that fell last night. Snow brings out the bear in me. All I want to do is crawl under my covers and stay there until the weather warms up.

I'm amazed I actually made it to work this morning. I taught my class last night and came home in some of the worst weather I've ever driven in. I couldn't see anything beyond my headlights and I couldn't use my high-beams because they just reflected off the snow and blinded me. What is usually a half-hour commute turned into an hour-long drive, since I was only able to go about 60km/h. I thought I might be spending my night in the ditch since the times I could see the road, it was covered in a layer of ice. My neck still hurts from driving like a grandma. Vergil was practically waiting by the door with his coat on when I came home - anticipating having to rescue me from the clutches of an unintentional hibernation. Fortunately, I made it home in one piece. Doubly fortunate was that I was not today's carpool driver. I got to be a passenger and let someone else worry about navigating the tricky roads.

*sigh* Winter would be great if I never had to drive.

3 comments:

mmichele said...

you are right. never driving would be the best, actually, all year round.

ccap said...

Oh man! Too true. I HATE driving in winter. Thankfully, J-L will usually do it when we're together. Now, if only I could get someone to drive me to and from work.

mmichele said...

the busdriver, perhaps?