I hate these vague, anxious moments I sometimes get. It's an edginess that makes me feel on pins and needles for no apparent reason whatsoever. It usually passes, but I just hate being in it. Feels like my heart is racing nervously and I can't calm it down.
Maybe if I drink some tea or something...
Anyway, that's all I really wanted to say, I guess. My week got much better after my last post. I think cramming my week-without-Vergil full of people who care about me was a good thing. I got to debrief with my dad, eat Jon's awesome cooking (I paid him back by making his and Sheri's cat a new toy - a giant ball of yarn) and converse with Tim, Linda and Wes. I even got to see my psuedo-niece, Maddison, who I think gets cuter and cuter every time I see her. She's my good-karma-baby.
What's a good-karma-baby? It's a baby that was born after much trial and tribulation (i.e. after years of trying and/or after miscarriage). I've decided that instead of avoiding all the babies out there, I will rejoice over the good-karma-babies and, at the very least, not avoid them in the hopes that they will bring me good karma.
Saturday, Vergil and I went to a surprise engagement dinner/party for Sheri and Jon and I held another good-karma-baby, Jane. She's 4 months old and has the best stunned expression I've ever seen. And until she went to bed, Vergil was, for once, NOT the centre of attention. :)
This week, I get to teach my class, clean my apartment, hang out with my Oma and Opa, clean my apartment some more, and then have my mom over for the weekend. Good times.
2 comments:
no way... vergil is often the centre of attention? who knew?
Lucky you. You get to clean your apartment, and then clean it some more. If you get bored, please come here and clean my house. Pleeeease.
Post a Comment