At least, that's what I'm trying to tell myself. After 7 weeks of generally feeling carsick all the time and finding out that I'm one of those women who do not magically get better after the 12 week mark, I finally broke down and asked my doctor for a perscription for my nausea and vomiting. It makes me drowsy and adds to my general feeling of continual tiredness, but at least I'm not losing my lunch (breakfast and supper) every day. God bless modern medical miracles.
This kid had better be really robust and healthy is all I can say. It's beating the crap out of me and I can't help but pray it'll be worth it.
I'm still anxious from time to time that I'll miscarry, even after all of this, but I'm feeling more positive more often now than before. Be glad I didn't make my reveal earlier on this blog or you would have been subject to the rantings of an often irrational, manic-depressive, convinced-a-conspiracy-was-a-foot mind.
Changing the subject completely, the power went out at work on Friday morning and we ended up getting the afternoon off. It was kind of a nice way to end the week, to be honest. I spent most of my afternoon napping, which was good times all around. Sunday we spent the day at my uncle's cabin with my mom and dad who are there for the week. We're going back on Friday with my Oma and Opa, so that'll be fun.
And that's the week in the life of me.
4 comments:
I'm not usually the type to give advice and frankly often get annoyed with others giving it so if you want to ignore this, do. But... if I could do it over again (and might, one day) I would take it easier and be kinder to myself. If you're tired at 8, go to bed at 8. If you're queasy at work, take a day off. Seriously.
Oh, I was soooooooooooooooo sick when I was preggo. AND I had to stand up all day in front of a bunch of teenagers and give lessons. NOT FUN!! The pills didn't really make me feel good, but they certainly took the edge off.
I can absolutely assure you that it's all worth it.
Hey! Do you need/want some pregnancy books? (Sorry, I've been dying for someone I know to get pregnant so I can unload, I mean, generously give away some of this baby-related stuff I have..)
Ya I have no advice...but since you are the other half of my brain I'm going to file this away for when I need advice...in the meantime if you need to vent go crazy...if you need someone to come over and just get things for you, gimmie a call I'm on it! :)
What ccap said. You know, it's wonderful being pregnant and all and I know you are happy and thrilled, but if you feel crappy, take care of yourself!
Post a Comment