Tuesday, August 21, 2007

foggy

And I'm not just talking about the weather this morning. My brain feels a lot...slower lately. Like my synapses just can't fire at the rate they used to. I guess I'm experiencing the joys of 'pregnancy brain' now. It seems to take me a few seconds longer than usual to figure out what the heck people are trying to talk to me about. Kind of annoying for a girl so used to multi-tasking and being on top of things all the time.

So, because I feel little sluggish, here's a list of my pregnancy symptoms and their current severity:

  • Nausea - subsiding. Thank goodness for drugs! Though, I am down to maybe one pill a day instead of three, so that's a good sign.

  • Fatigue - high. So tired. All the time. And yet, all I do when I sleep is dream. Dream and dream and dream. Currently it's variations/combinations of Brideshead Revisited, Amadeus and Harry Potter.

  • Pregnancy brain - getting worse. Cogs in the wheel are going missing every day. Soon I shall be a blubbering idiot incapable of stringing more than two or three words together at a time.

  • Emotions - more stable than they were. I still cry at the drop of a hat, but at least it's not at Avril Lavigne videos anymore. Seriously. It was pathetic.

  • Pain/Headaches - persistent. This kid's beating the crap out of me and I can't even feel it moving yet! Lower back and pelvic pain (that radiate through my butt and legs), upper back pain from storing all my stress and dull, throbbing headaches round out the list. Good times. Thank goodness for my new masseuse! Gotta use my work benefits for something, no?


That's all I can think of for now, pregnancy-wise.

On another note, my sister Breanne is in town next week with her boyfriend (who's moving to Manitoba to obtain his Master's) and then Brenna is coming in on the long weekend, so that's exciting. My parents were in town last week and we spent a day and night with them at my uncle's cabin. It's been a good family month. October is Sheri and Jonathan's last wedding ceremony/reception (yay!) and I'll be headed off to Cambridge for that. December, I'll visit my family in Edmonton for a few days after Christmas and then February Verge and I will, God willing, welcome a new dela Rosa to the world. Fun!

4 comments:

Heather Plett said...

I never had much trouble with nausea, but OH MAN can I remember all of the other ones.

Linda said...

Unfortunately the foggy brain...

My brain's been foggy since...

What was I talking about?

Uh, it gets better. Yeah. For most people.

-Me- said...

Hey Krista! I'm soooooooo glad that you feel like crap in a way!!! (that sounds horrible, I know) but it's such a blessing to hear that you are this far along already, and having all of the normal pregnant symptoms. I had HORRIBLE prego-brain, and Melissa and I used to joke with each other about it, because we were horrid together!!! Anyhow, I'm sorry also that you aren't feeling good, but I'm also so excited for you. I'm glad that the nausea part is subsiding. With this last pregnancy I experienced it too, and its not very fun!!!

Whippersnapper said...

Yeah, I remember all of that too. I remember Christmas vacation coming along, and lying on the couch for hours and hours and hours at a time and literally not doing a thing except vaguely listening to the radio.

Don't worry, your brain will come back. That's the purpose of that miserable childbirth process, I guess: It jolts you right back into reality!