Thursday, August 30, 2007

sicky

I sometimes feel like all I do on this blog is gripe. Oh well, it's my blog and I'll gripe if I want to. :P

Yesterday was a day to define all others. I don't think I've been that sick, well, ever that I can think of. I quite literally puked all day. It was something else, I tell ya. I'm feeling better today, but man alive, I thought I was dying yesterday. It seems as though every time baby banana (that's its current nickname) goes through a growth spurt, I get the sh*t kicked outta me. This kid had better be strong like bull after all this.

I had gone to get my Maternal Serum Screen test done last week (it's a test that helps determine your baby's risk of having Down syndrome, trisomy 18, SLOS, an open neural tube or a ventral wall defect) and I got a call from my obstetrician's office this morning asking me to have the test redone. I'm not really sure what it means, but I'm trying not to panic. I might have had the test done too early last time or the results were compromised or something else, but yeah. Reignites the paranoia, sadly.

That's my update for this week. My next doctor's appointment is next week Thursday and I'm scheduled for my first ultrasound on October 3rd. Stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

ccap said...

Whine, gripe, do whatever you need to do. As someone who REALLY didn't enjoy being pregnant (enjoyed the results immensely though) I will NEVER tell you you've complained too much. NEVER.

Anonymous said...

It means they lost your sample but aren't going to tell you that. Or dropped or sneezed on it.

So sorry about the sicky-pukey.