Tuesday, August 07, 2007

happy day

Well, here's a big shout out to everyone out there who's been thinking/praying for Vergil and I over the last few months. I am officially making it official today and announcing that we are indeed pregnant again!

We had our first doctor's appointment today and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. I had a grand plan of recording it and posting it for everyone to hear, but it was still pretty faint and hard to hear over my own heartbeat, so that might have to wait for another time. BUT, I have proof of life this time and I have to say, I am beyond relieved. The last 13 weeks or so have been pretty roller-coaster-y, emotionally speaking. Well, and physically speaking too. I've bascially felt car-sick the entire time. Much fun. But at least I feel like this is actually gonna happen this time.

I don't even know what to say beyond this! I'm thrilled and terrified and every other synonym to those two words. I've spent the last three months counting down to this day and now I'll spend the next five weeks counting down to our ultrasound. Last time I felt like I fast-forwarded to far into the future and this time, all I can focus on is tomorrow and the 'next big thing' in my pregnancy.

Oh, by the way, we're due around February 12. :)

Thanks again for your support and encouragement, whether it be only 'virtual' or in person.

10 comments:

Jae said...

Oh happy happy...happy day!!! Words can't express my happiness for you!!

mmichele said...

hey! my birthday is feb 16 and i say there is nothing better to brighten up a bleah month.

looking forward to welcoming the little aquarian.

-Me- said...

Congratulations you guys, you'll be in my prayers!!!

ccap said...

Congratulations! I had to shout to J-L in the living room as soon as I read this. He's just as excited.

Linda said...

Ooooooooh! That is wonderful news!

Whippersnapper said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, I'm really hoping it's a girl, I have a MOUNTAIN of clothes to give away!! Are you going to find out early what sex (s)he is???

Sheri said...

YAY!!! So very much happiness...I can't wait for the little bundle in Feb...next up though ultrasound...I shall change my prayers accordingly!LOL

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh thank you, Jesus.

Krista I am so so happy for you!!

Gloria said...

Congrats, Krista! That's so amazing!!!

Heather Plett said...

Yippeee!!! I'm thrilled for you! But I also know the nervousness of "the pregnancy after". I pray that you will have peace throughout.