Monday, April 09, 2007

made it

Well, I did it. I survived. Actually, I more than survived - I had a good time this weekend. My sister looked positively amazing and her wedding was one of those really good ones where everybody likes everybody and everybody is super happy for the couple and there's no bad blood or negativity anywhere to be found. I'll try to post some pictures tonight when I get home.

Friday night was probably the hardest for me. That's when all the babies were in extremely close proximity and I almost lost it a couple times during the evening, but I held it together for the sake of my sister and my Oma (whose 80th birthday we were celebrating). Thanks again to everyone for thinking of and/or praying for me. I couldn't have done it without you.

So now my sister Sheri and my friend Sheri are both married! How cool is that? I'm looking forward to the bigger ceremonies for the latter. We had a great time at her first wedding, even if she and I got held hostage at the salon for almost 7 hours. Poor Jonathan! If we'd shown up five minutes later, he might have thought we'd abandoned him all together. Next time we won't be running late. And next time she gets to wear her big wedding dress! Good times.

So yeah. I made it. I did manage to get sick, though. I'm blaming my sister's boyfriend. He had the stomach flu when I met him and even though I'm not sick to my stomach, I still think my cold is somehow his fault.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I am so happy that you were able to enjoy your sister's special day despite the sorrow you are still living with. Way to go! Now, if you need to, have a good cry.

Anonymous said...

YAY. Yay you, yay your praying friends, and yay God for being there for you.

Sheri said...

LOL we were held hostage weren't we? Freakin' nuts. We should be ten minutes late for the next one and then 15 minutes late for the third one...oh wait he can't panic now I've already signed the papers...lol

*shrugs* Okay but I DO get to wear my dress which I can't wait to do. I should ask Sheri for advice about wearing it...ahaha