Friday, April 27, 2007

john mayer's hair

So, I went to the John Mayer concert last night and I have to say, I'm still kind of giddy from it. Sheri and I had such a great time. It was definitely worth every penny, though I wish he could've stayed on for a half-hour more. Or an hour more. Or maybe the whole night - just jam away with us till the morning!

At any rate, I have decided that in addition to his mad guitar skilz and lyrical stylings, I am mesmerized by the man's hair. It quite literally had a life of its own - dancing around on top of his head like a miniature cocker spaniel.

I decided three things during the concert last night. 1 - I want John Mayer's hair. It's just so big and poufy and fantastical. I would like him to shave his head and make a wig for me out of his hair. No, not really. That would be kind of gross and creepy. Though I wager I'd make a pretty penny if I sold that on e-Bay. People are so weird.

2 - I want to run my own security company. I had this crazy urge to be the boss of all the whopping security guards at the concert. Visions of standing on a chair, shaking my finger at them to put them in their place were all that came to mind as I watched them lumber back and forth 'keeping things under control'. They didn't seem all that necessary in the end. It wasn't really a teeny-bopper show where hysterical 14-year-old-girls rushed the stage screaming and crying like John was their last hope for salvation. It was a pretty wide variety of people - from the three older ladies on the floor just in front of us to a group of 20-something guys who sang at the top of their lungs, toasted John with their beer, and cried 'We're not worthy!' at his mad guitar skilz, to the 20-something girls who dressed like they were at the bar, to the gay guy who sat next to us and tried to scream directions to his house at John, to Don and Pam and Kim and Chelsea and Shawn and Sarah and Sheri and I. I think, in the end, the security guards were mostly for intimidation purposes, though I think I could probably out-run most of them. Even at a jog.

3 - I wanted to be a guitar. There are two kinds of really good guitar players out there for me - one who makes me wish I could play a guitar (see Burlap to Cashmere) and one who makes me wish I was a guitar. John falls into the latter category. Watch me as I *swoon*. LOL

Anyway, enough of my crazy rantings. Suffice it to say that last night's concert was a good way to end a rough week. It's been a little on the stressful side at work lately, so I was glad for the opportunity to sit back, listen to some great music and to swoon a little!

Rock on, John. Rock on.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Dear lord...so very good! Oh how I loved that evening...happy happy was I. Sick sick sick was I the next day...I could have use those mad guitar skills to entertain me.

Anyway...I conquer, you should have his hair...lol We need to photoshop it...lol

Calgary Lawn Solutions said...

He does have great hair. I was watching those security guys at the front for a little while too! They were so funny. I told Kim I'd like to be one of them so you could stand really close to the stage and see John Mayer and any other amazing people up close! : ) Ahh, that was a great concert.

Whippersnapper said...

OK, well, now I have to go find a picture of John Mayer so I can check out his hair. I bet you it's not as crazy as mine is this morning...

pamero said...

Ah, what a lovely reminder of such a wonderful concert...it was over much too quickly for me too! The thing I was most amazed by as well was his crazy love for his guitar(s). I've never seen someone so much in love with playing music!!
Also: j.m.'s hair=awesome.