Wednesday, April 18, 2007

spring cleaning

One of the things I like the best about spring is the way it makes you feel like you want everything to be fresh and new in your life. And by 'everything' I mostly mean my physical surroundings.

I've been sick for over a week now (flu first and now a cough that won't let me be) and all I can think about is cleaning the places I live. I desperately want to scrub down my apartment, but have been so lethargic lately that I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it. So I'm gonna try something new - cleaning in chunks. I'm one of those people who, once started on a cleaning project, doesn't want to stop until it's finished (have I mentioned how I am very much NOT a process person?). This year, I think I'll try doing it in stages - one room or one project at a time. We'll see how it goes.

Today's project was cleaning my office at work. We don't have a huge custodial team here, so we're responsible for maintaining our own offices. Anyway, today I vacuumed and it felt really good to get rid of all that winter sand on my floor.

I also decided that I was tired of my old blogger template, so I'm trying this one out for a while. We'll see how long it stays.

That's all. Not really very exciting. I have a few major things coming up that should be a little more interesting to write about - my students' graduation, the John Mayer concert, Vergil going back to Regina to train a new manager, Sheri's second wedding, my Oma's 80th birthday - so hopefully I won't bore you for too long!

1 comment:

mmichele said...

nice look!