I know everyone says these kinds of things about their husbands (and well they should), but I feel so blessed to have been able to marry my best friend. He gets me, even when I don't want him to. He gives me space to figure things out myself, even when he knows what I probably should say or do. He's intensely loyal and trustworthy. He's my defender and my biggest fan. He loves me even when I'm being foolish, selfish or just downright stupid. He lets me be better at things than him. He supports me, no matter what crazy idea I might get in my head. And, for those of you who know anything about him, you know he makes me laugh - all the time. He's one of the best situational comedians I know. He never tires of making me smile and I don't think I could even put into words how much that means to me.
All that gushing about my husband to say that I'm getting more and more excited for our 'anniversary weekend'. We usually try to do something special on the May long weekend to celebrate and we usually hope we can go to my Uncle's cabin
but it's a pretty popular spot, and my uncle does have dibs, since it is his and all. :) Anyway, since my uncle claimed his 'dibs' for that weekend, we were left to decide what we should do instead.
In the past, we've done bike trips in Spruce Woods and Lac du Bonnet, but this year, Vergil suggested we rent a hotel room for a couple nights in an effort to just 'get away' for a while. I thought that was a great idea, but figured out pretty quickly that nice hotels are dang expensive. So, since I've had such great experiences at Bed and Breakfasts before, I thought I'd see what Winnipeg had to offer in that arena. Here's what I found:

I'm not going to tell you where it is, in order to preserve the 'getting away' aspect of our mini vacation, but let me tell you, I'm so excited I could almost cry. I LOVE old buildings and this one takes the cake. It is gorgeous, in a great location and has a fascinating history to top it all off. Here's a picture of the room we'll be staying in:

It's got its own private bathroom (with a jacuzzi tub) and it overlooks the pool in the backyard. With any luck, the weather will be warm enough for us to actually use the pool!
So yeah. I'm pumped. And I wanted to share my excitement. Which is what I'm doing. :)
Here's some more pictures of the inside:
The Library:

The Living Room:

The Dining Room:

The Staircase:

What a great place to spend a weekend with a great guy!
7 comments:
dang! nice place! and I agree, Vergil is a sensational person. And a great golfer too. Happy Anniversary!!
and You're a fantastic person too, by the way. I'm sure he has a lot to gush about you too.
Too funny - I was just on the website for that very place! I always stay in B&B's in Toronto (like I'll be doing next week) and was curious what Winnipeg had to offer.
Have fun! It looks amazing. Happy anniversary.
lovely. have a great time.
(i won't tell anyone where it is, either.)
Hope you guys have a great time, and Happy Anniversary! You both seem like wonderful people!!!
Happy Anniversary to you, happy anniversary to you, happy anniversary to Krista and Veerrrrrgil, haaaappyppyyyyyy annnnnivvversaarrryyy toooooo yooooooouuuuuuuu!!!!!
Post a Comment