Tuesday, December 30, 2008

merry merry merry Christmas

Well, another Christmas come and gone. It was a wild, event filled time, as it always is, but I'm happy to report that all my fears of it being, quote "a gong show", were unfounded. The events, luckily enough, actually revolved around Kai's nap schedule and exhausted him enough to allow him to sleep through the night every night. He loved the attention and the activity - he's such an active guy that it was great for him to be able to play and wreak havoc amongst aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. We even managed to keep his toy situation in check. I was a little nervous of being inundated with toys, since we're in an apartment and his stuff is already filling it up, but everyone showed great restraint and stuck to money for his education fund, books, building blocks and the Smart Bounce and Spin Pony I'd asked for. I know, it's quite the toy, but my brother-in-law is a technophile and loved that he could get him what he called "a Wii for babies".

Kai also got to hang out with his cousin, Jadeyn, again. He really liked her and smiled every time she was near. Unfortunately, he's a little violent in his love and took a few swipes at her. We tried so hard all month to teach him not to claw at faces when he's excited and wants to express affection, but he's a hard nut to crack. He did give her a few kisses on her head, though, which was too cute for words. Granted, his kisses are of the wide, open mouth variety with some teeth and lots of licking.

I unfortunately didn't take many of my own pictures since there were about three other cameras around it was easier to let my sisters take pictures for me. I did get a few of Kai checking out the box of his new pony - he adored the picture of the baby on the box and gave it lots of kisses.

Next up his his first birthday! Wow, time flies. I'm looking at getting back to work soon - I'll keep you posted as to what transpires with that. I'm a little sad to have to go back to work, but I'm also looking forward to doing something a little more sedentary than chasing after a raucous one-year-old.

Here are a couple pictures I did take. Enjoy!

No comments: