Speaking of having things stuck in one's head, I've been having some really weird dreams lately. Like the other morning, I dreamed we got this 'threat' (for lack of a better word) in the mail from Winnipeg Water and Waste for a $1400 fine because our apartment complex was using too much water. It wasn't an actual bill, it was just a letter saying that we might get charged $1400 - no, it was $1427 - for excessive use of water. I was pretty incensed. Earlier that week, I dreamed we were at a pediatrician appointment for Kai, except it was my OB-GYN who was the doctor and not our pediatrician. We (that is, Vergil and I) were there with my mom and my three sisters - the youngest of whom were both crying because they didn't want to endure a doctor's exam for some reason. But that wasn't the weird part. The weird part was when Brad Pitt and George Clooney showed up to hang out in the waiting room for us. They were all Ocean's 11-like (having very goofy, completely indiscernible conversations) and I remember feeling very exasperated by them.
I find my subconscious putting together very random topics and situations. For example, in my former dream, here are where I think some of the pieces came from - I used to work for the Water and Waste Department at the City of Winnipeg, I've been seeing a lot of commercials from Hinterland Who's Who about where your water comes from and making sure to preserve it and, well, it's Christmas. Who doesn't get stressed about money at Christmas? The second dream, jeepers, I don't know why my sisters were crying, except that they always hated dentists and doctors and as for Brad Pitt and George Clooney, I think I've just been watching too much of the Ellen Degeneres show. She just moved studios and George Clooney's office is next door to her and she is on a quest to get him on her show. Why that should then feature in my dreams, I'm not sure, but there you have it.
Anyway, how's that for random? Pretty good, huh?
In other news, my Christmas decorations are up. My sister Breanne came over and helped me this year. It was so great. That's definitely one of the biggest things I miss about not having my family around - we always had so many great traditions with Christmas that we always looked forward to so much. It was so nice to be able to put up my tree with someone who gets as excited about Christmas stuff as I do. That day kind of made up for not having Vergil around all December.
I'll leave you with that. You know, all these weird dreams happened after I cut and coloured my hair last week. Maybe the dye is affecting my brain...
3 comments:
Wow.
I am glad to read that I am not the only one who has wonky, crazily detailed dreams. But although weird, they are kinda fun, huh?
What the heck? You got another song stuck in my head...now I'm gonna have weird dreams with that as the soundtrack...lol
That said I've been having weird dreams too...maybe it's seasonal!
I love Kai in that pic...he looks more like a little boy, not as much like a baby...plus I enjoy the excess amounts of drool...*sigh* I love him.
Are you pregnant again? That is the only time Brad Pitt and George Clooney showed up in my dreams. Except I think they were "Oh Brother Where Art Thou-esque.)
And I KNOW Brad wasn't in Oh Brother.
Post a Comment