Thursday, January 08, 2009

happy new year

It's another year and I can hardly believe how fast 2008 went by. I find it incredible that this time last year, I was counting down the days to being done work and giving birth to Malakai. Now he's almost a year old and I feel blown away by how blessed I am.

We have two sort of 'resolutions' this year, though I prefer to call them goals, since resolutions always seem so easy to break. The first is to get Vergil a job out of retail. We're just kind of done with all the stress that retail brings and I think this is a good year for change. Now, whether that means he gets a new job or I get a full time job that pays well enough for him to work somewhere part time and raise Kai is still in the process of being figured out. We would like to try to raise our own child, so it's important to us that someone is home for Kai a good chunk of the time.

The second goal is to save for Christmas spending in a new way. I heard of someone who saved all their twoonies and loonies all year to pay for Christmas presents and I liked the idea so much that I decided to steal it. It's easy to do and I think it'll take some of the financial pressure off at Christmas time.

That's it for now. We might come up with a few more as time goes on, but those are the two that are starting our new year.

Malakai only has one goal so far - learn how to walk! Here's a clip of him taking his first steps:


Very exciting!

That's all from us for now. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

*sigh* oh how I love him...lol I think those are very attainable goals and wish you all kinds of blessing in them.

I also think the twoonie loonie idea is fantastic and might have to steal it as well! Cause next year I'd like to get back to actually doing presents...hmm

Alisha said...

That is so cute! If those ottomans are suppose to be a barrier for Kai it looks like it doesn't work too well. lol