Sunday, September 28, 2008

vacation

It's been a great couple of weeks for us. We spent our first week of vacation at the cabin and actually had pretty decent weather. It wasn't nice enough to swim or anything, but it was nice enough to hang out on the dock and watch Vergil fish. Kai and I bought him a fishing rod for his birthday and he seemed to enjoy himself, even if he didn't catch anything. Here's a picture of Kai watching his daddy fish:

After a very pleasant week relaxing, fishing, walking around Lac du Bonnet and hanging out in the hot tub (don't worry, the water was only body temperature - I wasn't about to boil my babe),

we headed off to Edmonton for a week to visit my family and meet my new niece, Jadeyn. Kai did really well on the plane, I was very proud of him. He didn't cry at all.

It was sad to leave my family after that, especially now that my sister and I are both moms. It would be so nice to just be able to hang out, compare notes and all that good stuff. It would also be nice to be able to go over to my mom's whenever I wanted. Oh well, I guess you can't have everything. *Sigh*

Anyway, here are some more pictures of my beautiful niece and my cheese-ball son from our trip to Edmonton:

Meeting cousin Jadeyn for the first time


Napping with Jadeyn on the couch


In his Sunday best


Jadeyn sucking her thumb


Jadeyn and me

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Awe, I know exactly how you feel. My younger sister likes in Ontario and has a 3 month old. It's so hard being away from each other. We talk on the phone at least 2 times a day now. Great pictures!

Sheri said...

Oh my goodness I love those pictures! Especially the one of the two cousins napping together on the couch how cute is that. You look like you are quite in love with that littler girl and I don't blame you she's gorgeous!

Naturally I feel you on the being away from your fam...I wish my mom was nearby and most certainly when Julia has babies I wish she could be closer...darn this country being so dang big! :)