In the vein of sleep, I'm sad to report that nights have not been great for my son and I of late. He's cutting three top teeth and they are wreaking havoc with Kai's sleep habits. Most nights, he's been able to fall asleep on his own, but three to four hours later, wakes up and refuses to go back to sleep on his own. Monday night was particularly bad and all day Tuesday, both he and I were tired and irritable. Unfortunately, bedtime only seemed to make things worse. He absolutely refused to sleep in his crib. He wanted to sleep on me. It was more than I could handle. I was irritated, frustrated and tired. I had to put him down in his crib and walk away so I could have a little breakdown. Vergil tried getting him to sleep, but was also unsuccessful, so for the second time in his life, we let him cry it out. He wailed for about a half hour and eventually fell asleep sitting up with his face pressed against the crib rails. If I hadn't been worried about waking him up, I might have taken a picture because it looked pretty funny. On the bright side, he did stay in his crib and slept, mostly uninterrupted, until 4:30am. I fed him then and he slept in his crib until quarter to eight. Anyway, we'll see how tonight goes. It's not fun listening to him scream, but he's got to that point where he knew what he was supposed to do and was really just trying to get his own way.
So that's our big adventure this week. We attended a friend's wedding on the weekend, which was a lot of fun. My sister babysat, and fortunately, Kai was very nice to her. I'll leave you with a picture of Verge and I getting cozy with the bride and groom:
1 comment:
Now see the four of you are way too cute...lol
Post a Comment