Thursday, September 11, 2008

happy baby day!

Good news today in our world - my sister Sheri had her baby! Little Miss Jadeyn Nicole was born at 12:30 am this morning and weighed in at 8lbs 5oz. Mom had to be induced because the little girl was far too comfy in the womb, but everything went really well and mom and baby are both much happier this way. Especially mom. :) My new niece has a mess of hair and I have to say I'm a little bit jealous. How is it that all the white babies I know have been born with whack loads of hair and my little mixed baby, who was supposed to come out with a baby faux-hawk of thick, black hair, is as blonde as I was when I was small? Genetics are a funny thing, I tell you!

Anyway, here's a picture of my beautiful new niece (who looks just like her mom when her mom was a baby - see the picture of me and my sister below for proof):


Hahaha - I just realized that they even have the same kissy lips! Oh, I love it!

I'm very excited to meet my new niece. We're headed out to Edmonton next week Saturday to do just that and I can hardly wait.

Unfortunately, I do have to temper this very happy post with a serious prayer request. My former art/bible teacher from junior high, Gerald Folkerts (no relation), who is a very talented artist (recently involved in the Invisible Dignity project, which some of you might be familiar with), was just diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. Apparently brain tumors are symptomatic of cancer elsewhere in the body, so it's a scary situation. You can follow their story on their blog. Be sure to check there often and to pray/think of him and his family often. Thanks!

No comments: