So my entire family were in town this weekend to celebrate my grandparent's 60th anniversary. It was a tad overwhelming for me, especially after Kai decided that he HATED the car on Friday. As I was driving to the airport to pick up my parents in the afternoon, he startled himself awake and started screaming at the top of his lungs. He cried for a good 15 minutes straight. Once I got him out of the car, he calmed down and was fine, but as soon as we put him back in his car seat, he screamed again, the whole way to my sister's coffee shop. After that, we had to drive all the way from Grant Park to East St. Paul and he cried, nonstop, for 30 of the 45 minutes it took us to get there. And then on the way home from East St. Paul, he cried just about the whole 30 minutes. That's the most he's ever cried since he's been born. I could not figure out what was wrong with him. It wasn't the car seat, because we left him in it at one point and locked it into his stroller and he was fine. It wasn't that he was alone in the backseat, because he screamed even when my dad was back there with him. It wasn't the mirror I have back there so I can keep an eye on him because I took it down on the way home from my aunt and uncle's and he still cried the whole time. Bizarre. Needless to say, I was a little stressed out by the end of that day.
On the bright side, he slept for nine hours that night. I slept like crap, but he slept great.
Overall, the weekend went great. It was so nice to see everyone and I think my grandparents had a really good time. Kai lapped up the attention from his Nana, Granddad, aunties and uncles and actually slept really good both nights they were all here. Last night was a bit of a write-off, but oh well, I guess I can't have everything!
Anyway, that's all that's new with us, I suppose. Oh wait, that's not quite all! Vergil and i got a sneak preview of Baby Jack yesterday! We were at Superstore picking up some things and saw J-L and Abby. They told us that Cynthia and Jack were there in the parking lot and that we could go see them. So we found their van and asked Cynthia if it would be all right to have a look at the little guy and she gave us permission. He is SO CUTE and so little! I can't believe Kai was that little once. I'm just so thrilled that everything went so well and that they were allowed to go home so soon after he was born! What an answer to prayer - thanks to all my blog readers who pitched in with their own thoughts and prayers for that little guy.
I think maybe I'll nap some more with my boy right now. In the meantime, here's some pictures of my cool guy:
1 comment:
I always have a bad night when Elliott has a great one... Murphy's Law.
It's so great when they stop looking like babies and start looking like kids.
Kai is absolutely precious!!!
Post a Comment