Monday, May 19, 2008

rain, rain...

...go away, come again another day. Sigh. Just when I thought the weather was starting to cooperate, it rains today on our only real family day all week. Oh well, I guess that just means we're stuck inside today.

On the other hand, we did just get ourselves a new Wii for our anniversary/my birthday. It's fun, but man alive, I didn't know my arm could hurt like that! Although, I suppose it's good because I was a little worried about having an over-developed left arm from holding Kai. Maybe playing with the Wii will allow my right arm to develop equally well.

Kai has been sleeping pretty well, though he's a little random about when he wakes up for his mid-night feeding. Some nights it's 2:30 or 3:30am, other nights it's 4:30 or 5:00am. He's also been having what seem like night terrors. Last night, about 45 minutes after we put him to bed, he started screaming at the top of his voice. He wasn't even really awake, he was just crying - loudly and almost inconsolably. It took us almost 10 minutes to calm him down. Very weird. I don't know if that happens to other babies, but Kai's been having these night terrors (for lack of a better term), the last couple of nights. Last night was the worst, but he often starts crying in his sleep, even when he's napping - in fact, he just did it again. I have no idea what to make of it. I don't know if he's growing or teething or what, but it's a little unnerving. He is chomping on his fists like crazy these days, though I haven't been able to feel any nubs when I check his gums.

On the fun side, he has figured out how to roll himself over from his back to his front. It's pretty cool. I have to get some video of it one of these days to show my parents in Edmonton, but you'll have to take my word for it for now. He used to get stuck on his arm all the time, but he's pretty much figured out how to rescue it from under him now. He'll be crawling in no time, I'm pretty sure of it. He already gets his legs going like he wants to move, he just hasn't figured out that he needs to move his arms and lift his belly off the floor. Crazy kid! He's growing so fast, I can hardly stand it! He's super chatty and he's almost strong enough to sit up on his own. He hasn't quite got the hang of that yet, but it won't be long for that either, I'm sure.

My whole family is in town next weekend for my grandparent's 60th anniversary, which is very exciting. My sister, Breanne, is now officially living here, which is also very cool. It's nice to have some immediate family here after being apart for the last 10 years.

And that's news in the dela Rosa world. Here's some more pictures for your viewing pleasure. Kai's helping me type my blog in the first one and he's enjoying lounging like a cool guy with his dad in the second.

1 comment:

Heather Plett said...

Nikki had night terrors when she was little (thankfully not any more). It was especially bad after she'd been overstimulated during the day. Christmas time at my parents - with too many people and too much excitement going on - was the worst.