Thursday, November 29, 2007

random 13 for a thursday

I've never done a 'Thursday Thirteen' before and I may never do one again, but I thought I'd give it a whirl today - just for giggles.

Apart from having many pregnancy-related items, I don't think I'll have much of a theme here. But let's write it and see, shall we?

1. Charlie horses that you can't work out on your own first thing in the morning SUCK. So far I've had two in the last two weeks. The first one I had I freaked out so bad Vergil thought I was going into labour. Thank goodness he did so well at keeping his cool and working his rudimentary physiotherapy knowledge!

2. Vergil's new store needs to be done now. It seems like it's something different every single year with his work and always right around Christmas. Last year he had to manage two stores, this year he has to move from one location in the mall to another. Brutal. It prevents him from sleeping and he doesn't eat well and that makes me unhappy and worried about him. Hopefully it'll all get done before the weekend...

3. Baby banana doesn't think I'm big enough yet. He has now taken it upon himself to stretch out my stomach by pushing his bum as far out as he can get it. I try to push him back, but this kid's on a mission. I know he's squished in there and everything, but seriously! Is it really necessary to moon everyone already?

4. I'm ready to be done work - today and for my maternity leave!

5. I'm sad that I can't curl at our annual staff Christmas party this year. We've done our party at the Otterburne curling rink for three years in a row now. There's lunch and people bring board games and you can sign up to be on a curling team. I'd never curled before I started working here, but I really enjoyed it - it's definitely a unique bonding experience for staff!

6. Am I really not even halfway through this list yet? Oh brother. This isn't as easy as it looks! Kudos to my blogging friends who do this every week!

7. I hope we can set up our Christmas tree and decorate our apartment this weekend.

8. I wish my nose would stop bleeding. Not the pouring out kind of bleeding, just the icky, dry-nose clotting kind of bleeding.

9. Christmas oranges are like candy and I would eat a box everyday if I could.

10. I just choked on a Christmas orange. Maybe I won't eat a box everyday if they're going to try to kill me like this.

11. Winter happened really suddenly around here. One day it was pushing temperatures close to +10, the next day it snowed and the day after that it rocketed down to -30 with the windchill. It doesn't seem to matter that I was born and raised in Manitoba; winter always seems to sneak up on me every single year.

12. The cold weather has caused me to start drinking hot tea like it's going out of style. I think in the new year, before the baby's born, I might just decide to host (or convince someone else to host) a genuine, English tea party. Or maybe a Dutch-Canadian version of the tea party. If there are any English bloggers out there who would like to explain the finer nuances of the tea party, I'd love to hear them!

13. I made it! Phew! Good thing I like to talk and can talk about anything, no matter how insignificant. Congrats if you made it this far. Sorry for being weird and boring. Here's a picture of my contortionist son as your reward:

4 comments:

Heather Plett said...

Oooooo... I LOVE ultrasound pictures! Thanks for sharing!

You've inspired me. Perhaps I'll try a Thursday Thirteen too.

mmichele said...

cute baby.

oh my... charley horses. i forgot about them. just one more reason i stopped at 2. i could probably come up with 13 reasons i stopped at two.

Alisha said...

Wow, thats a pretty cool pose. You found out you are having a boy too?? Thats awesome, so are we. I missed our class yesterday because of an emergency dental appointment. Hopefully I didn't miss too much.

Linda said...

He's looking very cute!