Friday, December 07, 2007

unproductive

Definitely how I'm feeling these days. I feel like my 'to do' list keeps getting longer and longer and my energy to accomplish anything on it diminishes by the second. *Sigh* I can't decide if being pregnant is solely to blame or if it's the fact that we're down to about 8 hours of sunlight a day. Probably a combination of both.

I really do love watching the sun rise on my way to work every morning, but watching it set on the way home is kind of deflating. At least I have a window in my office. Poor Vergil is trapped in a mall of all places for 8 hours a day. I don't think he'd actually seen the sun for about three days before yesterday. I've never worked nights before, but I imagine if I did I would feel something like this - a little disoriented, highly lethargic and a tad bit stir crazy. Feels like just yesterday I was complaining about the heat around here.

On the bright side, we're slowly, slowly picking away at getting the apartment ready for baby banana. I've done some purging of my stuff that was in our spare-room-soon-to-be-nursery, we gave our futon to my uncle, Vergil's gone through his massive clothing collection and purged some of that, so now I think we have a closet and a bookshelf left to deal with. After Christmas, we'll hopefully be able to get the crib and set that up and then I think it'll just be cosmetic things. We're in an apartment so there won't be any painting, but I would like to put up some colourful blocks of colour here and there. We don't really have a 'theme' per se, we're more about big, bright, solid colours. Fun and childish without being too 'cutesy'.

However, our apartment still lacks Christmassy-ness. Verge spent so much time on his store last week that I felt really bad making him work again on his day off last Sunday, so I decided to let him off the hook. I think we'll try to tackle the tree and trimmings this Sunday instead. I'd been half hoping to get that started some evening this week, but my energy levels have been pretty low every night after work (or after whatever it is we had planned that night) to the point that it's hard to even convince myself to get up and make food.

Changing the subject completely, as my dad is wont to say, I get to lead a session for the leaders at my church tomorrow morning. I'm pretty excited about it, actually, which is kind of a relief. I've gone through such a long period of 'ministry exhaustion' that it's really nice to feel like I'm finally starting to get over that huge hump. It's a subject I'm already really familiar with, so coming up with the material was less of a challenge than if I had to do something completely from scratch. That helped a lot. It also helped that I'm pretty passionate about what I'm presenting, so it hasn't required begging God for the energy and motivation to do what I need to do. Though, I will need some help feeling awake at 8:00 on a Saturday morning! I thought I'd got away from pastors who were morning people, but I guess not! The first pastor I worked for LOVED having leadership meetings at 7:00am on Saturdays. I don't generally start to feel like myself till about 9 or 10:00am, so that's at least two hours too early for me. It was his best time of day, though. He'd come in chattering like a squirrel on too much caffine and I'd just sit there, glaring at him over my massive mug of coffee that hadn't quite kicked in yet, wondering if I could lift my arm high enough to whack him with something. Good thing he's such a great guy or I might never have forgiven him for those meetings.

But now this post is getting awfully long and I'm sure I've started to bore you. Thanks for sticking with me this far!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I left this comment on one of Michele's posts last week.

"Sometimes, in order to say yes to what matters most, I must say no to good things."

-Sue Monk Kidd

Can you do something about that dreaded "to do" list?

corrie said...

Thanks for leading that session Krista. It went really well (minus the sleeping in and tea spillage on my part) and it was good to have you involved again!