Tuesday, October 30, 2007

i dream in simpsons

Look at that. Two posts in two days. Must be a record for me or something.

Let me explain my title. I haven't really had any 'baby' dreams up till now. Mostly when I've dreamt, it's been weird combinations of movies I've watched and books I've read. For example, I may have mentioned my odd dream combining Harry Potter, Brideshead Revisited and Amadeus. The only consistent thing was that everyone spoke in British accents.

Last night I had my first official 'baby dream'. First of all, I dreamt that Vergil was actually going to go through the labour instead of me and while part of me was relieved, the other part of me thought I would be better suited for it. Then the dream kind of morphed into a few weeks after the baby had been born and I was attempting breastfeeding for what seemed like the first time. It seemed strange that I hadn't done it earlier and I didn't know what the baby had been eating up till then. Anyway, it didn't seem to be working right and someone was yelling at me that I was doing it wrong.

From there, the dream morphed again and my infant, who was still an infant, could suddenly walk and talk. He was rude and sarcastic and mocked people and I remember being quite upset about that. Only thing was, I was now associating this child with Bart Simpson and felt that it was Homer's fault my baby was so ascerbic. Homer and I (or was it Marge? It was getting hard to tell by that point) had a big fight through a wall I busted open with my (her?) fist. I think there was some blue hair involved, so this might have been the 'watching it happen' part that often occurs in my dreams.

The only other thing I remember was my baby's hair. It was the same colour and texture of one of the kids in the youth group at my church. Very strange. I'm pretty sure my actual child will have dark hair like Vergil, but in my dream, it was more like my colour only thicker and curlier.

Yeah. Very strange. Anyone feel like 'Freudalzying' my dream? You're very welcome to try!

5 comments:

mmichele said...

acerbic with thick curly hair? you're going to have a joey! lucky you!

(rude and sarcastic can be tempered :))

-Me- said...

This totally brought me back. My dreams this last pregnancy were so vivid and sometimes so incredibly crazy....I don't really miss that... Often I felt like I missed out on sleep somehow because of my dreams...which is weird, I know....You totaly need to post some tummy pictures too one of these days...I'm anxious to see that cute little baby belly!

-Me- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Too weird for me to try to interpret.

Whippersnapper said...

The only baby dream I had was one involving girl babies. That was how I knew I was having a girl both times. So there is nothing to interpret per se from your dream: it's obviously just letting you know what is going to be happening in the future! =>

Or not.

(Congratulations! Boy! Cool!)(But what am I going to do with all my frilly baby girl clothes now???!!! Garrr, I was counting on you dela Rosa!!!) (.... uh, kidding, of course...)