We just got home from our very first ultrasound. SO COOL! Baby banana - live via CC TV. No Technicolor, but hey, pretty amazing all the same. Needless to say, I'm in a pretty good mood. Oh, and for those of you who for whatever reason wanted me to have twins, I'm sorry to disappoint. There was only one kid in there.
And from what I could tell, all the important parts were there - eyes, nose, mouth, heart (beating good and strong), kidneys, spine, arms, legs, hands and feet. Vergil's almost got himself convinced he saw some male genitalia, but there was really no way to tell. We are going to go for a second, private ultrasound to determine that piece of the puzzle (providing banana cooperates and is a bit of an exhibitionist), but that's not for another couple of weeks yet.
Anyway, just wanted to give this fun update. Thanks again to everyone who's had us in their thoughts and prayers. This was kind of an 'answered prayer' day for us. I mean, we knew it was in there, but it was just really amazing to be able to get that visual proof.
What else is new? Started prenatal yoga (with Sandy, a girl from my church who's due the month after me) and it was okay, but I've done yoga before and found this instructor to be a little on the disorganized side. Didn't help that she decided to bring her infant son with her (there was a girl there who was supposed to look after the kid, but the instructor basically had him on her hip for most of the class). Anyway, I decided to supplement this class with a prenatal pilates video I found. It's pretty good and I think I'll try to have a regular routine with that to build up my 'core' strength.
Okay, I really should try to get some work done today!
4 comments:
Oooh, the ultrasound. One of the highlights of pregnancy for me. I LOVED that.
Ditto what ccap said.
I've always been thankful that in the last two weeks of Matthew's life, I got to watch him on ultrasound twice a day. I became a bit of an expert on reading ultrasounds.
You looked quite happy after yoga yesterday...so I'm hoping it'll help. I'm so excited for you!
Tell Virgil we thought we saw something boyish in all our ultrasounds and of course ended up with two daughters. You can't tell ANYTHING from those early images. Well, at least we couldn't, obviously!
I have a funny story about prenatal exercise videos, but it's pretty inappropriate. Perhaps another time..
Post a Comment