Interesting pregnancy tidbit of the week:
Our kid either really likes or really dislikes vinegar. Vergil and I went out for sushi (no, I didn't have any of the raw fish) on his birthday on Saturday and they started us with this salad made of rice noodles, cucumber and shrimp soaked in a vinegar-based dressing. As I was eating it, all at once my 'flutters' turned into outright womb-nastics complete with what felt like a finger flicking me on my insides. It was pretty wild. The reason I'm connecting it with the vinegar is that the same sort of thing happened to me the last time I ate cucumbers in vinegar. So, this kid either really enjoys vinegar or really dislikes it. Either way, it makes it excitable. I'll have to continue testing this theory to see if it's accurate, but I thought it was kind of cool.
The belly keeps on growing, which is a really good thing and, yes, if you know me (and I know you) and you give me that look like you want to rub my belly when I see you, I will likely let you. It's okay to ask, too. I'm not that covetous of my personal space. Just make sure you're only visiting and not hanging around to live there. :P I'll try to post another picture of 'the bulge' later this week.
Oh yeah, we had another doctor's appointment last week Thursday and got to hear the heartbeat again. The doctor said it was beating at 160 beats per minute - good and strong, which makes me happy. I'm pretty sure I heard it this time. We go for our first ultrasound on October 3rd and then I'll probably book us a private ultrasound after that since Verge really, really wants to know the baby's gender. (The reason we won't find out at our first ultrasound is because the hospital we're going to has a no-telling policy.)
And that's all that's new in baby-land for this week!
2 comments:
You will like knowing the gender, we did!
thanks for keeping us to date :)
Post a Comment