Friday, February 23, 2007

cinnamon coffee

(click my title to read about the benefits of a daily dose of cinnamon)

I'm working from home today. Or at least, trying to. It's article-writing time again for me and, as usual, I'm having a hard time getting into it. So, I'm drinking my coffee brewed with cinnamon to try to help manage my blood sugar. No, I'm not a diabetic. I'm actually trying to counteract the effects of the sugar and sweetner I put in my coffee. LOL I know, I know, it's like ordering a diet cola with your burger and fries - totally pointless - but I'm wearing my helmet of denial today, so leave me alone. :P

Though I do have to say, cinnamon coffee is pretty dang good - especially if you like the flavor of cinnamon (obviously). I highly recommend it. Just add 1/8th to 1/4 of a teaspoon to your grounds before you brew your daily cuppa. It's a good time and, if you drink your coffee black (unlike me), it's pretty good for you - especially if you have Type 2 diabetes.

Anyway, I'm writing this to try to get myself into the flow of writing, so I should probably try to do some work. I still need to finish a few pieces of my sessions for this weekend's TYN retreat, too.

Maybe I'll have another cup of coffee first...

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi. My name is Linda and I order diet Coke with my burger and fries.

Cinnamon in coffee tastes good!