Well, another Christmas is come and gone. *Sigh* It always goes too fast for me. There's all this build-up and anticipation and then *poof*! It's all over, just like that.
It was great, though. It was so much fun to have my entire family here for Christmas. We haven't all been together for Christmas in such a long time. It would be great if we could do this every other year or so, but I guess that's really dependent on work schedules and such now. Ah well, such is life.
I had an ultrasound on Wednesday to investigate the 'possible cyst' on my left ovary (as explained in this post). I was super nervous and anxiety-ridden because I had no interest in being back in a hospital, never mind having yet another stranger poke and prod me with things in places strangers shouldn't be. My sisters, Brenna and Breanne, tried to reassure me, but I just really didn't want to go.
As it turned out, I had a fantastic ultrasound technician this time around. She couldn't have been older than me, and she just talked me through everything and reassured me that my uterus looked completely normal and that cysts were completely normal and everything was completely normal. It's definitely a relief to know that there's nothing going on that I need to be concerned about.
Anyway, that's an update on that.
So, Vergil received two Dane Cook CD's from Tim this Christmas and then I bought him two Dane Cook videos this week. As a result, I have to confess that I have been swearing like a trucker all week. He uses quite a bit of profanity in his comedy routines, and yeah... not so good for the girl whose routines are all mucked and random and unusual. S'anyway, if you end up having a conversation with me and find that I'm swearing more than usual, that's why. It's Dane Cook's fault. The filthy son of a 'b'. :P
And that's about all that's new in my world. I hope everyone had a decent Christmas. New Year's is coming soon - I hope everyone's got their resolutions ready to break!
4 comments:
Oh my goodness. Can I borrow those sometime. Shh, don't tell anyone I quite like him. ;-)
When swearing is done well, it can be very effective! I won't stop you.
When I lived in England, I shared a place with five (yup, five) guys who could not complete a sentence without using some variation of the f word. They used it for everything, noun, verb, adjective, term of affection, you name it. It took a LONG time to shake that nasty influence out of my vocabulary.
P.S.:I am so happy everything is normal.
Oh yay everything is normal! I thought about you while I was gone and then promptly forgot to ask how it went when I saw you on Sunday...sorry about that.
The DVD we watched on New Years was hilarious. Exploding pumpkins! To smitherEENS...ahahah
Oh he kills me. :)
Post a Comment