Thursday, December 21, 2006

blasty blast

There are some people in this world who have a knack for coming up with catchy words and/or phrases that others latch onto and use until you begin to forget who it was that said them in the first place. Some examples are: Homer Simpson ("D'OH!"), Happy Gilmore ("Get in your hooommmeee!"), Russel Peters ("Somebody gonna get a hurt reaaalll bad."), Dane Cook ("Blasty blast. Banana Sangwich. Heeelllooooo...I'm a Caaarrrr...") and Kirk ("You're gonna diiieee!"). There are others, but it's still early and these guys are the only ones I can think of right now. Vergil's good for that too, only sometimes I think he's the guy that helps perpetuate the sayings of others rather than coming up with a lot of his own. I seem to be the one with my own private vocabulary of strange and unusual combinations of words (ask Vergil sometime about 'postage spaceage').

Anyway, that's totally not what I was gonna blog about today. Look at me getting all side-tracky and stuff. What I wanted to blog about was the fact that I get to see my family in a few days! How fun and exciting. My sisters, future brother-in-law and my parents are all flying in from Edmonton and we got to do all the Christmas tradition-y things that we are all so fond of. Christmas with my dad's side. Christmas with my mom's side. Christmas with just the 8 of us. Good, good times.

Even better times are that Michele, Linda and Yvonne are catering our Christmas with my mom's side. So very excited for that bit. If you have never had an opportunity to eat the food these women make, you should book them to cater your next event. Amazing stuff.

I think that's about all I had for today. I have three more projects left to mark and then they're all done. Then I get to edit and critique my professor's dissertation over my Christmas break. It's only 219 pages. It shouldn't take me that long. :P LOL

I don't know if I'll get a chance to blog again before Christmas, so here's my 'Merry Christmas' to all my blogging friends, and to all a 'Good Night!' :)

3 comments:

Tim said...

I can definately attest to the amazingness of their cooking. My mom is great by herself, but when you get the three of them together, that's something entirely different. THAT is a blasty blast.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too, and here's to hoping your husband isn't working on Boxing Day! I've heard it's absolutely crazy.

Anonymous said...

mmmmm, I'm sure that the food those three make is amazing...Have a great Christmas Krista!