I hear waiting is supposed to build character. Why does it never feel like it when you're doing it? Bleh. I dislike how approximately two weeks after I finish my period, all I can think about is whether or not I'm pregnant. The question just sits there in the back of my head and the more I try to ignore it, the more difficult it is to ignore.
Bleh.
8 comments:
Now I will be waiting too, with fingers crossed.
I read your archives, and was stunned: I had an experience almost identical to yours three days before Christmas in 2005. So I know what you're going through, and I know it probably hasn't been easy. There is so much more I would like to write, but I feel so limited in a comment space. Just know I'm thinking of you...
Sorry, it was Christmas 2004, not 2005. Not that I suppose it matters much.
"character building" stuff usually sucks. that's all my wisdom for the day.
Ick, character building. It can be so HARD to think of things we find difficult as things that in the end will make us stronger people. I'm a pretty impatient person, and I don't like a lot of "surprise" so I think I can sympathize with how you are feeling!
that's why it's so much harder to be the woman than the man ...that stupid monthly reminder. For two weeks the world is hopeful, and for two weeks it sucks.
Although I never had a miscarriage, I remember the waiting when we began "trying" for the first time. It can be agonizing. Hope it happens soon for you.
I think, for different reasons, that wait, to me, is probably the worst four letter word.
I hate the word and I hate that you have to wait.
I know this is an old post but I'm reading (re-reading actually) them because I'm actually trying to make myself feel better and make myself feel not so alone (of which I know I'm not but right now it really feels like it). This post hit the nail on the head.
Post a Comment