Monday, November 27, 2006

nothing to say

(so why did I write so much?)

I'm sitting here watching the cursor blink blindly at me thinking I should probably write something, even just to write something because, well, what's the point of a blog if you don't keep it current, right?

That was quite the run-on sentence.

Anyway, I don't really have much to say. Life's been uneventful lately, which I should probably be grateful for. I was looking at some pictures yesterday and thinking how I now classify them as 'before' or 'after' and it kind of depressed me, so I decided not to think too hard about it. Weird how things suddenly change like that, though.

I only have three classes left before the end of the semester. Also weird. It all went so fast. My professor will be helping me to mark the student's big assignments, which is great, except for my (probably irrational) fear that he'll take one look at their work and say to me in a disappointed tone of voice, "What did you teach them?" That would suck. So much for my kick at the teaching can if that ends up being the case.

After talking to my friend Sheri this morning, I'm reminded how glad I am to not be planning a wedding anymore. What a pain in the butt. I don't know if she'll blog anything about it, but I'm sure she'd welcome any advice on how to stay sane when everyone feels as though they're somehow entitled to having their own way at her wedding. How do you deal with people like that when, in general, you really like them and you know that they're not trying to be malicious?

My advice: elope. Forget everyone and everything and just get the formalities over with. Don't get me wrong - I had a great time at my own wedding, but I was one of the fortunate ones who didn't have to deal with inconsiderate people.

Anyway, enough about that. That's not really my story to tell anyway.

Speaking of stories, thanks for all the suggestions! I'm in a bit of a rut with that one, but I will let you know if I'm suddenly inspired and write any more of it.

Okay, I'm going to go away now. Do some work or something. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

It's my story and still you tell it rather well! I would welcome any advice. I have blogged, kind of, about it. Honestly I'm in such a fog about it the idea of going to a JP is so incredibly appealing to me right now I'd go next week. *sigh*

Sometimes people in general drive me nuts! :)

As for that last thing you wrote...as per usual, I love when you start with dialogue. ;)