My biggest pet peeve about my job is when people imply (sometimes intentionally, sometimes not) that I don't know what I'm doing or I'm not on top of things. I pride myself in getting necessary information onto our site quickly and efficiently - usually within in the day, depending on the nature of the request. Almost everyone has had to work with me in some manner or another, so I know for a fact that just about everyone is aware of the pace at which I work.
Anyway, someone unintentionally made this implication this morning and it's kind of set me off for the whole day. On top of that, our Network Administrator came into my office this morning and wanted to know if he could start translating our site over to this new architecture he's got for us. If he were to do this, it would mean I wouldn't be able to do any 'urgent' web work for at least a week. It would also mean I'd be spending all my time cleaning up pages to make sure they translated well into the new architecture and fixing broken links and making sure all the navigation still worked. I just don't have time for that right now. There is too much other stuff going on.
Anyway, I'm left feeling rushed and chaotic and annoyed at everything. I hate that. At least I did all my class prep last night instead of putting it off for today.
Okay, big deep breaths. I should go for a walk or something. Maybe that would help. I have to do a bunch of photocopying - that might calm me down a little... unless the photocopier breaks.
Is it really only Monday?
3 comments:
Oh my dear, it definitely sounds like you had a case of the "Mondays" today! I really hope that the photopier didn't break though, because I'm sure that just would have added to your frustration. I have a job that sometimes things are unintentionally implied also, and I know how frustrating that can be...so I do hope that your day got a little better!!!!
It seems a little unfair that someone would expect you to do so much extra work now. Can you suggest to him that another time might be better?
Hey, it's Friday now. Hurray!
Post a Comment