Friday, November 10, 2006

my head hurts

No reason why, really. Just one of those days. I hate weeks like this. I feel like I have so much to do and I do so much, but don't get anything done. If you can figure that out, you're further ahead than I am!

I like having lots to do at work. Unfortunately, right now I have lots of writing to do for work. I have three articles that need doing for our upcoming school paper. I have one of the interviews done already, I just need to write the thing and...I can't. You'd think a writer wouldn't have trouble writing, but for some reason, I find it really hard to focus on journalistic stuff. Writing is never as fun for me when it's work.

I need to finish preparing for my class. I've got most of one lecture hammered out, but I need to combine a few lectures together for the sake of the big assignment my students are working on. I can hardly believe there are only 5 weeks left till school is over for the semester. Weird.

I need to finish compiling my professor's dissertation. One of those tedious jobs that I was hired for because he doesn't want to do it. Trouble is, I've been very bad in my procrastination of that particular job. Procrastination can be such a slippery slope for me - put something off once, twice, and then it gets so hard to finally come back to and get done.

And that's all for me for now. Just felt like I should post something. No, the truth is I'm using this blog to help me procrastinate. Terrible, huh? Sometimes I hope that by writing something that's more fun, it'll encourage me to do the work writing...

I think I can. I think I can.

2 comments:

Tim said...

oy. procrastination. I know how you feel. I am terrible with it as well.

Anonymous said...

Procrastination is one of my best friends Krista, don't feel bad!!! I am sure you will come up with some awesome stuff to write though!!!! Good luck, and happy writing!