I could write about how I still hold the title of 'Spud Queen' at my church, but that might sound like boasting (besides, I owe my success to three other people who have sold more than I have individually).
I thought about posting a new story, but I haven't got very far with my most recent venture. Well, maybe I'll post the little bit I have written and hope that you, my blogging public, can give me some inspirations and ideas of where to go with it.
Here goes:
Untitled
© KdR
“I don’t have it.”
“What do you mean you don’t have it?”
“What do you think I mean? I don’t have it.”
“But you have to!”
“But I don’t.”
“Well, what are we gonna do?”
“Exactly what we would have done if we had it.”
“But we can’t. Not without it.”
“You’re not being very imaginative.”
“Imaginative? Are you kidding me? It’s impossible.”
“Impossible’s for cowards.” The red-head gave her friend a mischievous smile and raised her hand to knock on the imposing cherry-wood door.
“Wait,” her lanky companion said, grabbing her hand before it could connect with the wood. “What are we going to say?”
“Just follow my lead,” she said.
He groaned. “The last time you said that I ended up at the hospital with 12 stitches.”
“Twelve? I thought it was only three.”
“Three, twelve, whatever. I had to get stitches; that’s all that matters.”
Just as Ebony began to bring her fist down on the big door, it swung open to reveal a tiny old lady in a bright purple skirt-suit and violently red hat.
“Oh!” the woman jumped, startled at the sight of the two young people standing at her door.
“I’m sorry,” Baden quickly apologized. The woman looked way up at the young man who towered a good two feet above her.
“I’m Ebony and this is Baden,” Ebony smiled, interrupting her often-awkward-with-words friend before he could get started.
“Oh, hello, dear,” the little woman smiled back.
And that's all I've got. Ideas, please!
7 comments:
maybe the old lady is someone's grandma? lost through adoption/ maybe they're planning a scam? maybe she had an ad in the paper for gardeners and they want the job but have no plant experience?
yeah, you're the spud queen all right... we just need a sparkly gown and a tiara. just you wait.
Oh mighty Spud Queen, we are your humble servants.
I'm thinking perhaps we should start a writers' group at GNF. There seem to be plenty of writers there and we could all motivate/encourage/critique each other. I've been in a few writers' groups, but I have yet to be in one that I love - where people are authentic, write about "real" things, and there is no snobbishness involved. Maybe it's time to try again...
oohh... just what i need
m
how bout....make it into a HEIST!!! I dunno...all guys wanna have a heist, or read about one.
...a heist, huh? That's not such a bad idea! I'll see what I can do. :)
LMAO...another idea huh? My goodness woman you should 'honour' other ideas. ;)
That said I love it! You know I love when you start your stories with dialogue...you are just so fan friggin' tastic at writing dialogue!
I like the two main characters. lol I can see 'em. Does one have big blue eyes? Was the girl Jocelyn in another life? ;)
No ideas at the moment...we'll have to brainstorm again and this time take notes. :)
Post a Comment