Tuesday, March 03, 2009

de-cysted

So I had a successful surgery yesterday. My awesome OB-GYN, Dr. Hooper, performed a laproscopic left ovarian cystectomy at about 11 am yesterday morning and I managed to leave the hospital by 7pm that night. I'm recovering well - just have some soreness at the incision sites and some general cramping in my belly, but the Tylenol 3s and naproxin are doing a good job of keeping those issues at bay. Unfortunately, I have to avoid any heavy lifting for a while and I can't drive for two weeks. Poor Kai's not going to be too impressed with me this week, needless to say. He's already a little annoyed at my avoidance of picking him up. Verge was home today, so he did all the lifting for me and tomorrow I just have to get us through the morning and then my friend Sheri is coming for the afternoon to help me out. Thursday Vergil closes, so he'll help me out in the morning and then my sister is coming over in the evening to help me with bedtime. Friday I have some offers of help from some other friends and family, so I think we'll survive this week anyway. Hopefully by next week I'm feeling better and can do a bit more.

Anyway, that's just a quick update about where I'm at with all of that. Hope everyone else in blogger-land is doing well.

No comments: