Monday, February 09, 2009

reorganization

Of my time, to be precise. I'm officially back at work and I lucked out in that I only actually have to go in to my workplace one day a week. The rest of my hours I get to do from home, which is quite the blessing, I have to say. Now, however, I'm trying to figure out what the new balance of my routine is going to be. It wouldn't be so difficult except that we (the elders) are in the middle of making some biggish decisions at church, so that has been consuming a lot of hours lately. We have some really amazing things coming up in the near future, but also some big decisions to make, so it's exciting and slightly anxiety producing at the same time.

Anyway, I've only be at this a week, so I'm still trying to figure out how it will all play out. I'm not too concerned yet, but we'll see how it goes.

Vergil is also back at work in a new location, and it seems to be going really well so far. We would still really like to get him out of retail this year, but for now, his situation is much more tolerable. Even enjoyable, I think. He's also joining a gym, at both my and his doctor's recommendation, so that'll help improve his overall outlook too.

Malakai has already accomplished his 2009 goal of walking - he's a regular pro at it already and it's definitely his preferred mode of transportation. Unfortunately, he's also cutting molars so that's made him a little on the irritable side of late. Strangely enough, I thought molars would be worse than his first set of teeth, but so far it's been a lot easier. I'm not sure if I'm jinxing the whole thing, but his sleep, while not as good as it had been, has not been affected to the extent it was the first time around. He still sleeps 8 to 10 hour stretches before waking up briefly for some food and a diaper change and then usually sleeps at least two or three hours more after that. So that's good news, anyway.

I don't have much more to say for now. Here's a picture of Kai with a little faux-hawk I managed to give him after his bath. It makes me smile that he's slowly acquiring more and more hair!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

HAHAHA...I love the fauxhawk! He's so cute! I know I say that a lot but I can't help it! :p