People have asked me whether I'm sad that he's not a baby anymore and I have to admit that I'm not. He was a sweet baby and I do like looking at the pictures of when he was small, but it's so exciting to watch him grow and learn and interact that I don't really want to go back to him as a newborn. But I guess I've never been much of a 'baby person' - I like to be able to interact and get feedback from my interaction and it's hard to do that with a newborn. Needless to say, we're not looking to have a second for a while yet - Kai is a bit absorbing right now and I couldn't imagine bringing another baby into the mix yet.
Speaking of whom, it sounds like the birthday boy's nap is over so I'd better go get him up and ready for his day.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Kai!
Wow! Has it really been a year already?
Happy Birthday big guy!
Happy birthday, Kai!
And I'm with on the baby thing. Loooved age 2. Looking forward to age 4.
happy birthday!!
Post a Comment