'This isn't as bad as the first round of teething'. Famous last words. Sleep this week has been a precious commodity and we are not getting enough. Kai's been waking up screaming several hours into the night and trying to comfort him is all but useless because as soon as we go into his room, he refuses to go back to sleep in his own crib. And even if we do take him to bed with us, he tosses and turns and can't get comfortable and ends up sleeping horizontally between us with Verge and I perched precariously on either edge of the bed.
I feel bad for him because he looks like he's gone a couple rounds in a boxing ring and lost the fight. His poor face is all puffy and red and he's got big dark circles under his eyes. He's drooling again and his nose is so runny I can hardly keep it clean, which, of course, makes his nose and upper lip crazy raw. He's definitely got four molars that have cut through the gum, but I'm thinking there are more on their way out. He doesn't like me touching his gums much, though, so I can't be sure aside from all the other symptoms he's presenting.
I really will be glad when this whole teething thing is done with. I know it's part and parcel of having a baby and Kai's not the only one to ever have gone through this, but it pretty much sucks all the same. Especially because I don't deal really well with sleep deprivation. And I only realize how poorly I deal with it after I've been totally frustrated and ticked off at Kai three out of five nights this week. I know it's not his fault that he's in pain and can't sleep, but sleep deprivation is definitely a kind of torture for me and I do tend to blame the person inflicting it on me.
Ah well, as with everything, this too shall pass. I'm just praying I don't snap before the end!
2 comments:
I'm sleepy
I hear ya!
Post a Comment