Wednesday, November 12, 2008

sore all over

Another aquafitness day, another afternoon of achy shoulders and arms. Having to hold Kai up close for 45 minutes straight, even with the help of water, definitely has a negative impact on my already inflamed carpal-tunnel syndrome. Ah well, on the bright side, we're looking at a record-breaking three hour long nap this afternoon! Whoo-hoo! We've actually seen much improvement on the nap-schedule front. Now Kai will have usually a 30 to 45 minute nap in the living room in the morning and then I put him down in his crib around 1:30 or 1:45 for a 1 to 2 hour nap. Wednesdays are the exception, since we have aquafitness in the morning, so he can't have his morning nap, so we have an earlier, and hopefully, longer nap right around noon. Often I get him to have one more nap sometime before bed - either in the late afternoon or early evening and that usually does it.

Night time sleeping is still a little off-and-on. He's cutting another couple of teeth on the bottom, so he's a little more wakeful because of that. I'm trying really hard to be stubborn about not 'rescuing' him if he wakes himself up between 1:00 and 3:00 in the morning, but letting him get himself back to sleep. It's going fairly well and I haven't had any complaints from my neighbours yet, so I'm hoping our apartment block is better insulated than I had feared.

What else is new..? Hmm, well, it's Christmas season again and that means we won't see a lot of Vergil for the next couple of months. In spite of the fact that the economy is on the down-turn, and people are definitely being more frugal about what they spend, retail Christmas season is still incredibly busy and hectic. I have a feeling that people will still spend about the same this Christmas season, but will return a lot more than they might have come January.

Other than that, things are pretty much the same around here. My year of mat leave is, unfortunately, drawing nearer to a close so I have to start thinking about work again, but I think I'll put off really dealing with that until the new year.

As always, a picture of my growing boy. He's getting more and more mobile and I think we're just counting down the days until he takes his first steps. How weird is that?!

No comments: