It's been a busy couple of weeks for us at the dela Rosa household. Kai and I spent the week with my parents at my uncle's cabin last week - Vergil joined us for the weekend, which was nice - then it's been naught but getting together with family all this week. All good stuff, but it does leave a body a little tired after a while. I have to say that Kai is awesome in rooms full of people, even when he's being passed around like a party favor. He's quite the little ham/charmer, entertaining people for hours without a fuss. Last night we had an impromptu party for my youngest sisters, since Brenna, my cousin Farrah and my parents were all in town and Kai did really well until the drive home. I think the over stimulation and exhaustion finally got the best of him. He had a bit of a meltdown and it took a long time to settle him down to finally get him to sleep. He was so tired he couldn't stop crying and then he had the cry-breathing going on for about 45 minutes after.
Anyway, today we were supposed to go out for lunch, but I decided after the day we had yesterday and the evening we're going to have tonight yet, that we'd stay home instead. I think it was a good decision, as he is having a substantial nap right now.
As for me, while I could also use a nap, I could also stand to clean my bathroom. But I don't really want to. Bleh. It's so hard to get the necessities done sometimes when there's so much other stuff going on.
That's about all that's new around here. Summer's turning out mighty fine, I have to say, but it sure does feel like August is almost over already! Seems like I've booked myself full already. I hate when I do that. Oh well, September brings another week at the cabin and then a week in Edmonton to visit my family and my soon-to-be-born niece or nephew! Very exciting!
I'll leave you with a few pictures of our week away: Kai in his (warm) pool and chillin' in the hammock with his granddad:

4 comments:
I know exactly what you mean! We spent the last two weeks of July at the cabin and I kinda wish we'd spent one of those weeks at home just getting some projects done. The cabin was uber-relaxing, but now I realized how long it's been since I cleaned MY bathroom. Double bleh.
The hammock picture is wonderful!!
The hammock picture is wonderful!!
I love the picture of your dad and Kai in the hammock!
Post a Comment